The parish church is referred to on its present site in the years 1135 -1154 in the reign of King Stephen. It is an impressive building and sits centrally in the village.
Re-structuring work began in the 1860s. The tower was rebuilt following a collapse in 1868 and other modernisations and additions have taken place over the years. It is currently undertaking an extension to the building, to include a community area and toilet facilities.
Various groups and events are attached to the Church. The Mothers Union founded a branch in 1908. Also at the beginning of the 1900s, a Mens Club began in 1905 and a Mens Bible Class
Some bellringers of Quorn Church came to Holy Trinity Church, Barrow, to ring changes on the Barrow bells and in the midst of a long run, the braces of one of the ringers broke. His trousers fell down to rest on his boots, but he carried on with the rendition until the ringing came to an end. What the congregation thought of this event is not recorded!
Around the year 1800, a man was seen to enter the village church and remove from the vault, the remains of a person who had been interred in a coffin. He was about to carry off the coffin when some inhabitants became alarmed and the coffin robber then fled, leaving the empty coffin in the belfry.
St Albans Catholic church was opened in 1839. The first priest was a Cistercian Monk from Mount St Bernard Abbey. It closed in 1989 and the building is now a private dwelling, although the original bell is still in place in a small belltower on the roof of the building.
Within the village there were also other places of worship, including the Wesleyan Chapel, Primitive Methodist Chapel and the Baptist Church. The Methodist and Baptist Chapels are still very active today.