Rectory Farm once stood on the Beaumont Road housing estate and fronted onto North Street. The land was farmed by the Kimber family until the closure and subsequent building of the houses in the mid-1960s. Previously the farm was owned by the Stone family and Mr Thomas Parnham Stone was a sheep breeder of considerable note. In 1843 he was awarded two first prizes for sheep at the Royal Agricultural Show held at Derby.
Last Updated. 15-April-2019 By admin