ID (Preferred Ref.): MLE15822
- Name: Post-medieval limekilns off Strancliffe Lane
- Map Sheet: SK51NE
- Grid Reference: Centroid SK 572 183 (MBR: 261m by 195m)
- Summary: Post-medieval 'pye kilns' (limekilns) were recorded during evaluation in 2005. There was also evidence of quarrying in the vicinity. Remains of 5 'pot' kilns were recorded during a watching brief in 2006.
- Reference: Unpublished document: McAree, D. 2007. Archaeological excavation at Cotes Road, Barrow upon Soar. / Unpublished document: Redvers-Higgins, N. 2005. Cotes Road, Barrow upon Soar: archaeological evaluation report.
Location - Administrative Areas
- Civil Parish: Barrow-upon-Soar, Charnwood, Leicestershire
- QUARRY (Late Post-medieval - 1700 AD to 1899 AD)
- LIME KILN (Late Post-medieval - 1701 AD to 1850 AD?)