THE BARROW ROUNDHOUSE The Roundhouse was built in 1827 by Suttons, a local firm of builders, and a sign painted inside, presumably by the workmen themselves, records this. It was built as a "lockup", for temporary restraint of criminals, drunks and other nuisances. The building is recorded as the Parish Prison in the 1851 Census description of the census districts:
"District 1 - All that part of Barrow containing North Street south of the church, Crowns Lane (now Cotes Road), Bridge Street, Church Street, and Church Lane west of the Parish Prison
District 2 - All that part of Barrow containing part of North Street north of the Crown and Church Lane, part of Church Lane north of the Parish Prison, Breadcroft, Crown Lane, the Glebe Farm, Bucknall's Hill, Pack Lodge, and houses near Catsick Road"
Later it was used to house the village fire-engine, then the village bier for carrying a coffin. In recent times it has been used as an occasional exhibition room.