A substantial granite-built property, it has a court-yard at the rear with cottages which at one time were used as stockinger’s (framework knitter) cottages. It reputedly belonged at one time to an old bell-ringer in the village. The building was later the old Co-op shop, one of Barrow’s larger shops in 1910, and Philip Graham remembers the wind-up bacon slicer used in the shop. Later it was a hairdressers for a while.
Last Updated. 03-May-2021 By admin