Discovering the history of Barrow Upon Soar......

South Street

George Hill's Grocery Shop

Prior to being owned by George Hill this shop, which is next door to Bishop Blaize, was called Castertons. After Mr Hill retired the shop was taken over by Mace. In the late 1970s it was a junk shop. The building has now been converted to a house.








Previous menu page: Shop On Melton Road
Next page: Village Street Map 1945

Last Updated. 15-April-2019 By admin